Scripture for meditation
‘Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name Yah, And rejoice before Him. A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, Is God in His holy habitation. God sets the solitary(lonely) in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity; But the rebellious dwell in a dry land. O God, when You went out before Your people, When You marched through the wilderness, Selah The earth shook; The heavens also dropped rain at the presence of God; Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel. You, O God, sent a plentiful rain, Whereby You confirmed Your inheritance, When it was weary. Your congregation dwelt in it; You, O God, provided from Your goodness for the poor.’ Psalms 68:4-10 NKJV
‘On the land of my people will come up thorns and briers, Yes, on all the happy homes in the joyous city; Because the palaces will be forsaken, The bustling city will be deserted. The forts and towers will become lairs forever, A joy of wild donkeys, a pasture of flocks— Until the Spirit is poured upon us from on high, And the wilderness becomes a fruitful field, And the fruitful field is counted as a forest.’ Isaiah 32:13-15 NKJV
We will be praying the above scriptures today! Asking God to pour His rain on us and for the wilderness and dry places in our lives to become fruitful.
- Father, we dance and rejoice before you this morning. You are our LORD! Our defender. Our Father! Thank you Lord for setting us all in families (both biological, spiritual and social)! You have broken our bondages and prospered us. Praise the Lord!
- Oh Lord, go before us and walk through the wilderness of our lives today in Jesus name. All the dry places left behind as a result of disobedience and ignorance, Father pour out the rain of your Spirit on it in Jesus name.
- Every dry area in my marriage, career, health and business begins to flourish as the rain (Holy Spirit) is poured out and it brings divine wisdom, inspiration and breakthroughs in Jesus name
- Father, we have been occupied up till now by thorns and briers (unfruitfulness) and our city inhabited by wild donkeys and stray animals (demonic oppression) but today, we ask for an outpouring of your Spirit and we have become a fruitful field overflowing with abundance and free of oppression in Jesus name.
- O Lord, walk through my life today in the name of Jesus and set right all that is contrary to the indwelling of your Spirit in Jesus name
The Holy Spirit being poured out as rain in our lives saturates us with God’s Presence and everything contrary to His will in our lives has to bow. God is doing a shaking of mountains in our lives today and an outpouring of His Spirit to turn the dryness we have been experiencing in our spiritual lives and physical lives into fruitfulness for His glory today.
Don’t be afraid, only believe that God is set to make you fruitful!